September 5, 2017 by permanentred
Leadership – Working to the top of your game
Free CPD event!
Date: 26th October 2017
Time: 9.30am – 3pm
Venue: Royal College of Occupational Therapists, 106-114 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
RCOT Roadshows are annual events hosted by RCOT regions for all occupational therapists, occupational therapy staff and occupational therapy students.
This session is designed to ensure occupational therapy staff feel confident and equipped to engage with the Occupational Therapy Improving Lives, Saving Money Campaign.
The roadshow will cover:
- The strategic vision of Improving Lives, Saving Money campaign
- Key recommendations from the RCOT report Living not Existing: Putting prevention at the heart of care for older people.
- Next steps for the campaign.
- How the career framework supports the development of leadership skills
- Creating change by maximising skills and competencies.
By the close of the roadshow participants will:
- Be aware of RCOT’s view on leadership and the positioning of the profession to address current policy and health and social care priorities
- Be able to use the RCOT campaign materials for local influencing with commissioners, managers and service users
- Understand how the Career Framework can support professional development and their career.
A free printed copy of Implementation Guide for ‘The Career Development Framework: Guiding Principles for Occupational Therapy’ will be given to delegates that attend.
Unlike most of our events, this roadshow is open to RCOT members and non-members alike! All OTs and OT support workers are welcome to attend.
Please register here, and don’t forget to tell your colleagues!