August 15, 2017 by permanentred
Sharing knowledge, supporting change with views of London’s skyline
The Royal College of Occupational Therapists invites members to a free CPD and networking evening.
Goal setting in rehabilitation – a help or hindrance?
by Hilary Rose
Wednesday 6th of September 2017 18:00 – 20:00
Robens Suite, 29th Floor, Tower Wing, Guy’s Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT
RCOT members only, please.
Please include your BAOT membership number in the ‘Last Name’ field when booking your place. E.g. John SmithBT081864
Hilary Rose is a Head of Therapy Services at a Regional Hyper-acute Rehabilitation Unit in London. She has experience in goal negotiation and goal setting with patients who have suffered brain injury.
She has given presentations about the role of occupational therapy alongside the multidisciplinary team. These presentations have been about goal directed interventions and sensory stimulation/engagement for patients in Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness.
CPD Certificate Awarded
- Approaches to goal setting
- Understanding of the Goal Attainment Model
- Use of the Goal Attainment Scale (GAS) and its adaptation into the GAS light method
- Use of negotiation process for patient engagement and satisfaction
- Published evidence about goal planning and attainment